Locus Technologies has an immediate opening in our Asheville, NC office for a talented, energetic, independent Entry Level Application Developer to support Locus’s environmental online software services— including Locus EIM, the world’s largest commercial Software as a Service environmental data management system; and our state-of-the-art Locus Cloud Platform for managing compliance and organizing environmental and resource data & information.
This is the opportunity to further your learning of web application development, as part of a large team of developers working on commercially successful applications, as well as to expand your programming skills and knowledge.
- Familiarity with SQL queries, stored procedures, and schema tools
- Familiarity with software versioning and revision control system like SVN or GIT
- Familiarity with integrated development environments such as Eclipse
- Excellent understanding of client-server applications and web services
- Good understanding of the Agile Development Methodology
- Self-starter with high-energy and ability to meet business objectives
- Willingness to learn and expand programming skills through self-learning and assistance from peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills, good work habits and a can-do attitude; the ability to work well in a team-based environment; and a balance between technical and design skills with attention to detail
- U.S. citizenship or Green Card required